Posted with thanks to Music Victoria.
Minister Pakula recently announced that:
- The Impacted Public Events Support Program has been extended providing up to $25,000 for events and $10,000 for suppliers.
- There will be a new round of the Live Performance Support programs, with funding of up to $7,000 for presenters and up to $2,000 for suppliers.
New application details are yet to be released for these programs but Music Victoria will again run workshops to assist.
- Other micro-businesses (not registered for GST) will be eligible for the Covid-19 Disaster Payment via Services Australia.
- With $600 for loss of more than 20 hours work per 7 day period.
- $375 for loss of less than 20 hours work per 7 day period.
- The Victorian Government will establish a concierge service to help these businesses access this support. Please take advantage of this, especially if you are unsure of eligibility.
If applying for this Disaster Payment, we encourage you to consider the full hours required to do your job – eg. as a musician, including your preparation, rehearsals, admin, promotion, travel as well as performance time.
- Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund recipients will receive an additional $4,200 for the 7 days extension.
- Business Costs Assistance Program recipients will receive an additional $2,800 for the 7 day extension.
- Both of these will be paid automatically if you have already received the first instalment (paid when this lockdown began).
- If you had not previously applied for or received this support (and are eligible), or have since become eligible (eg. you have since registered for GST), then you are welcome to apply. Details on where to apply are still to come, but will be available at Business Victoria https://business.vic.gov.au/
- The previously announced Sustainable Event Business Program providing up to $250k, closes this Friday, 23rd July 2021.
We sincerely hope that the government have heard our calls for updates to be made to the eligibility of many of these programs, but as always, please reach out if we can help in any way. And finally, don’t forget about the Crisis Relief Grants available from Support Act.
Simone and the team at Music Victoria
Chief Executive Officer