Australia Council for the Arts
The Australia Council for the Arts is the Australian Government’s arts funding and advisory body. We support Australia’s arts through funding, strengthening and developing the arts sector.
Australia Council Grant Programs
- Career Development Grants for Individuals – $5,000 – $25,000
- Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups – $10,000 – $50,000
- Artists with Disability Funding
- Arts Projects – Organisations – $10,000 – $100,000
- Fellowships – $80,000
- Four Year Funding for Organisations – $75,000 – $300,000 p.a.
Other Grants and Opportunities
- Playing Australia: Regional Performing Arts Touring Fund
- Contemporary Music Touring Program – Up to $15,000
- Contemporary Touring Initiative
- Leadership Program
- The Lady Mollie Isabelle Askin Ballet Scholarship & Sir Robert William Askin Operatic Scholarship – $30,000
- The Marten Bequest – $50,000
- Strategic International Market Fund – $5,000 – $30,000
- New York Publishing Delegation Program 2018
- IETM Spring Plenary Porto 2018
- MPA Collaborative Arts Projects – $10,000 – $100,000
- PPCA – Australia Council Partnership – $15,000
Our grants program supports a diverse range of artists, artistic practice, organisations and arts activity. It is easier and simpler to apply for grants.
Area of practice based peer assessment of artistic merit and excellence, is central to grant decision making.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts
The arts of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people reflect the unique cultural heritage of the world’s oldest living culture.
The new grants program maintains Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander decision making on applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, groups and organisations.
Arts and Disability Funding
Dedicated funding is available to provide support for artists or groups who identify with disability. Click here for more information.
Applications for funding can be made through the Development Grant for Individuals and Groups, and Arts Projects for Individuals and Groups in the February 2016 round.